About Me

My photo
Amanda has been a hockey fan since her beloved Whalers were still where they belong, Hartford CT. When her team defected to the south, she transfered her allegiance to the Bruins. She maintains that you can be a Bruins and a Yankees fan at the same time. Her likes include Milan Lucic, fights (which are synonomous with Lucic) the word "wicked" used as an adjective and foam bear claws. Her pet peeves are punks that push her at Joe Louis Arena and having to have two forms of ID just to buy beer at the Garden

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Favorite Thing #14: Amos Lee



One of the great things about ITunes is the suggestion feature. back in December, I had a $15 credit to use up in ITunes and I was kind of lost as to what I wanted to get. At the time, I had been listening to John Mayer's newest album, Continuum, pretty much non-stop. I love the bluesy, relaxed feel to the album and the fact that you could listen to the whole album and every song flowed right into the next until the cd went silent, and you started it over again. So I searched for albums like John Mayer's Continuum and was referred to Amos Lee. I bought the album without listening to any of the clips and fell in love! It has a great folk meets blues meets jazz feel to it. Like the John Mayer album, I can listen to this all the way through without wanting to skip a single song or even noticing how much time has passed. I need to get the rest of his albums, but I have been resisting because his debut album was like magic for me, and I'm afraid of ruining it.

I tried to be technologically savvy and load a music player, but it was too much work, so on the toolbar on the right I loaded a clip thing from Amazon that you can check out. My favorite song has to be Arms of a Woman, but the clip Amazon has isn't the greatest. Hopefully, I can get at least one person to love him as much as me.

1 comment:

Amy W. said...

I will try! I usually love Trifecta suggestions!