About Me

My photo
Amanda has been a hockey fan since her beloved Whalers were still where they belong, Hartford CT. When her team defected to the south, she transfered her allegiance to the Bruins. She maintains that you can be a Bruins and a Yankees fan at the same time. Her likes include Milan Lucic, fights (which are synonomous with Lucic) the word "wicked" used as an adjective and foam bear claws. Her pet peeves are punks that push her at Joe Louis Arena and having to have two forms of ID just to buy beer at the Garden

Monday, November 3, 2008

Favorite Thing #22: Halloween

Channeling Marilyn with this pose
I absolutely love Halloween. As a kid, I always looked forward to that time of year when my mom asked me what I wanted to be for Halloween. Not for the candy, as with most kids, but because I loved dressing up and pretending to be something I'm not. Its really too bad that I hate when people look at me and my face turns red, because I would have been a totally bitchin' actress. This year, I finally had an excuse to dress up again. I started thinking about my costume when I realized Halloween was on a Friday and I could go out on the town in my costume (JUNE), but didn't get out to the store until this past week to get the remaining pieces of my costume. Unfortunatly, I was missing key pieces of all my really great ideas, so I had to go with a Marilyn Monroe costume that at the time I was not excited about. However, after I got dressed and went out on the town Friday night, I fell in love with my costume. Amy, Katie and I went all over town in our costumes and it was glorious. We hit up the wine shop and got our pictures taken (which made it into their weekly newsletter), went to Dev's and got a free drink, headed over to Rob's in Niantic and finally made it to Hanafins to have an impromptu dance party with a very drunk Dr. Mark. The only thing that was at all disappointing was the lack of costumes by people out and about town. I guess not everyone gets as excited as the Trifecta about dressing up.






Dr. Mark is the only boy who would dance with us. I think all the other boys were jealous of our sweet moves.













Kevin attempts his photography merit badge with this shot



The boys get in on the fun


Even the Von Schnauzers got in on the fun, although if you ask Roo, she will tell you it was not at all fun, but mortifying.













Jackson heard from Doyle that skunks are scary, so
he figured it would be a great costume
Sieze the Fat One!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glorious may be the most underused adjective of all time. You should try and use it every blog so more people realize just how glorious of a word it is.