About Me

My photo
Amanda has been a hockey fan since her beloved Whalers were still where they belong, Hartford CT. When her team defected to the south, she transfered her allegiance to the Bruins. She maintains that you can be a Bruins and a Yankees fan at the same time. Her likes include Milan Lucic, fights (which are synonomous with Lucic) the word "wicked" used as an adjective and foam bear claws. Her pet peeves are punks that push her at Joe Louis Arena and having to have two forms of ID just to buy beer at the Garden

Saturday, November 15, 2008

OT: If Loving You is Wrong Then I Don't Want to Be Right

unless you are playing the Bruins Chris Drury, why do you do this to me? I've always been a fan. You hail from Trumbull which makes you a hometown hero for Connecticut. But more importantly, you're good. I always liked you when you played for the Av's. In fact, I kind of felt bad for you, because you were overshadowed by Joe Sakic and his pretty face and stupid Lady Byng Trophy. I was even thrilled when you were traded to the stupid Rangers because it meant you not only got a higher profile role on the team, but I would get to see you play more. I got to see you play the Red Wings in the Murder City back in October and I secretly cheered for you the whole time (it was only a secret because I was afraid Mini Wiseman would beat me up for cheering for a member of the opposite team. Also, I was really only cheering for you because I didn't want your team to win.).
But then you go and be your awesome self when your team plays the Bruins. The Bruins blew their early 2-0 lead and the game was tied up 53 seconds before then end of regulation play. And you have to go and score a goal on Terrible Tim in the 4th round of shootouts in the closeout position. Bergeron did his best, but the puck rebounded off the goal post just shy of the line. (Stupid instant replay. The ref called it a fair goal.) Why do you make it so hard on me? Maybe next time you meet the Bruins on Beantown ice, you could try to be less awesome so that I don't feel like a philanderer secretly cheering when you score a goal and then realizing that, along with your amazing deke, come a loss for the Bruins.

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

I am not sure you can call these off topic any more when hockey has basically made up the majority of your blog.

I still think we should collaborate on a hockey blog. Hey, at least the D-Train would probably read it to get some facts, right?

Anonymous said...

I can respect cheering for Chris Drury - however there is one glaringly wrong fact in your post - Drury was not overshadowed by Joe Sakics pretty face in Co. Everyone on the Avs back then was overshadowed by Peter Forsbergs pretty face and incredible skill!

Amy W. said...

Kristen, Peter Forsberg may have incredible skill, but his face is not pretty. He has a weasel face. If I had a pet weasel, I would name it Peter Forsberg.

Or Commander.

Amanda said...

Amy is correct. Forsberg was by far the superior player on the ice, but Sakic was the pretty boy everyone loved to cheer for whose face and name was and still is synonomous with the Avs.